Selective Insurance Group (SIGI) Appoints New CFO
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadow OPEC-led cuts
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SIGI) announced the appointment of Mark A. Wilcox as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective January 1, 2017. Mr. Wilcox currently serves as Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer of RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd., and is responsible for accounting policy, internal, external, and regulatory financial reporting, budgeting, global tax, global actuarial, and investor relations.
Mr. Wilcox is a certified public accountant, chartered professional accountant, and a chartered financial analyst. Mr. Wilcox succeeds Dale A. Thatcher, who retired after 16 years as Selective's CFO on September 1, 2016.
Selective's Chairman and CEO, Gregory E. Murphy stated, "Mark is a highly regarded global financial executive, and we are delighted he will be joining our organization. He has the wide range of insurance experience essential to Selective. He has been involved in all aspects of RenaissanceRe's global financial operations, including financial reporting and control, investments, treasury, capital management, tax planning, and investor and rating agency relations."
Mr. Wilcox said, "I am very pleased to join Greg Murphy, John Marchioni, and the tremendous team at Selective. I have long admired and respected Selective's successful ability to balance rate and growth. I look forward to being active in the primary insurance market and helping Selective continue its success."
Mr. Wilcox previously held senior financial positions at PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP and Bank of America Corporation. He holds an MBA from Georgetown University, a BS from the University of South Florida, and a certificate from Oxford University's Graduate Program in International Management.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Xtant Medical Holdings (XTNT) Announces Resignation of CEO Dan Goldberger
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesBank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!