Retrophin's (RTRX) Head of R&D to Resign
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Retrophin, Inc. (Nasdaq: RTRX) announced Alvin Shih, M.D., will be stepping down from his position as executive vice president and head of research and development to become chief executive officer of a start-up biotechnology company. Dr. Shih will remain in his current role until October 31, 2016 and has agreed to serve as a consultant to Retrophin thereafter. The Company has initiated a search for a permanent successor. In the interim, chief executive officer Stephen Aselage will assume responsibility of the research and development organization.
“On behalf of the board and all our employees, I want to thank Alvin for his tremendous contributions to the rapid progression of our pipeline,” said Mr. Aselage. “Alvin is leaving us in a strong position to continue the advancement of sparsentan and RE-024; we wish him success in his new role.”
“While I am sad to leave Retrophin, I’m incredibly proud of the progress we have made towards delivering new therapies for rare disease patients,” said Dr. Shih. “I look forward to contributing to Retrophin’s future success as an external advisor.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- HealthSouth (HLS) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; CEO Grinney to Retire
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Commences Jet Engine Lubricant Production at Port Allen Plant
- XPO Logistics (XPO) Announces $558M Divestiture of American Truckload Operation to TransForce
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!