PTC (PTC) Names New CTO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) announced that Andrew Timm has been appointed as the company’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO). In this role, Timm will drive the company’s technology innovation, alignment, and governance processes. Timm will work closely with PTC President and CEO Jim Heppelmann and other technology leaders to achieve PTC’s goal of providing the leading technology platform that innovators use to bridge the physical and digital world, fundamentally changing the way we see and interact with the things around us.
“I can’t think of anyone with proven, real-world technology skills that are deeper and broader than Andy’s,” said Jim Heppelmann, president and CEO, PTC. “Andy’s deep experience with our traditional products, coupled with his knowledge of and passion for the Internet of Things make him uniquely qualified to drive PTC’s technology transformation, and further accelerate our ability to help customers succeed in a smart, connected world.”
Timm began his career with PTC before following his entrepreneurial spirit, starting a consulting company focused on helping customers derive business value from PTC software. He later brought his team to Kalypso, a PTC systems integrator partner, where he initiated the company’s IoT practice and worked with ThingWorx® technology. Throughout his career, Timm’s ability to build and motivate talented teams had led to his success with both customers and colleagues. Most recently, Timm served as vice president of PTC’s Technology Platform Group, where he energized the technical dimension of its IoT partner program.
“Having spent the bulk of my career working with PTC technology, I am honored to take on the vitally important role of Chief Technology Officer,” said Andrew Timm. “It is thrilling to have the opportunity to drive and accelerate the technology transformation at PTC in these exciting times.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Appoints New, Post-Separation CFO
- KVH Industries (KVHI) Names New CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!