Olympic Steel (ZEUS) Appoints New COO
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Olympic Steel Inc. (Nasdaq: ZEUS) announced Andrew Greiff has been promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, effective August 19, 2016.
Greiff joined Olympic Steel in 2009. In 2011 he was promoted to President, Specialty Metals. In that role he managed sales and distribution of stainless steel and aluminum products. Since then, the Company’s special metals business has rapidly expanded. In 2016, Olympic Steel accounted for 5.5% of the domestic stainless steel sheet and coil market and nearly 2% of the aluminum sheet and coil market, according to the Metal Service Center Institute’s Metals Activity Report.
“To complement our principal carbon steel business, several years ago we strategically expanded into new product categories. Andrew has overseen consistent organic growth in specialty metals, which now comprise almost 20% of our consolidated sales,” said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael D. Siegal. “In addition to driving growth in specialty metals, Andrew has also managed our established carbon business in the Midwest Region. His broad experience makes him ideally suited for this expanded, company-wide role.”
This appointment divides the responsibilities of President and Chief Operating Officer. David Wolfort continues to serve as President of the Corporation.
“As a growth company, we must consistently deepen our executive management team to accommodate future growth and succession opportunities,” Siegal said.
Greiff earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Tulane University and he has also completed MSCI’s service center management courses. He is a member of the MSCI and a member of the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association, and serves on the boards of the Hawken School and the MSCI Specialty Metals Division.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Announces David Jaffe as Chairman of the Board
- Trump to name Goldman executive Cohn to key economic post