Olympic Steel (ZEUS) Appoints New COO
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Olympic Steel Inc. (Nasdaq: ZEUS) announced Andrew Greiff has been promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, effective August 19, 2016.
Greiff joined Olympic Steel in 2009. In 2011 he was promoted to President, Specialty Metals. In that role he managed sales and distribution of stainless steel and aluminum products. Since then, the Company’s special metals business has rapidly expanded. In 2016, Olympic Steel accounted for 5.5% of the domestic stainless steel sheet and coil market and nearly 2% of the aluminum sheet and coil market, according to the Metal Service Center Institute’s Metals Activity Report.
“To complement our principal carbon steel business, several years ago we strategically expanded into new product categories. Andrew has overseen consistent organic growth in specialty metals, which now comprise almost 20% of our consolidated sales,” said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael D. Siegal. “In addition to driving growth in specialty metals, Andrew has also managed our established carbon business in the Midwest Region. His broad experience makes him ideally suited for this expanded, company-wide role.”
This appointment divides the responsibilities of President and Chief Operating Officer. David Wolfort continues to serve as President of the Corporation.
“As a growth company, we must consistently deepen our executive management team to accommodate future growth and succession opportunities,” Siegal said.
Greiff earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Tulane University and he has also completed MSCI’s service center management courses. He is a member of the MSCI and a member of the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association, and serves on the boards of the Hawken School and the MSCI Specialty Metals Division.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!