Olympic Steel (ZEUS) Appoints New COO
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Olympic Steel Inc. (Nasdaq: ZEUS) announced Andrew Greiff has been promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, effective August 19, 2016.
Greiff joined Olympic Steel in 2009. In 2011 he was promoted to President, Specialty Metals. In that role he managed sales and distribution of stainless steel and aluminum products. Since then, the Company’s special metals business has rapidly expanded. In 2016, Olympic Steel accounted for 5.5% of the domestic stainless steel sheet and coil market and nearly 2% of the aluminum sheet and coil market, according to the Metal Service Center Institute’s Metals Activity Report.
“To complement our principal carbon steel business, several years ago we strategically expanded into new product categories. Andrew has overseen consistent organic growth in specialty metals, which now comprise almost 20% of our consolidated sales,” said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael D. Siegal. “In addition to driving growth in specialty metals, Andrew has also managed our established carbon business in the Midwest Region. His broad experience makes him ideally suited for this expanded, company-wide role.”
This appointment divides the responsibilities of President and Chief Operating Officer. David Wolfort continues to serve as President of the Corporation.
“As a growth company, we must consistently deepen our executive management team to accommodate future growth and succession opportunities,” Siegal said.
Greiff earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Tulane University and he has also completed MSCI’s service center management courses. He is a member of the MSCI and a member of the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association, and serves on the boards of the Hawken School and the MSCI Specialty Metals Division.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Roche (RHHBY) Announces Receipt of FDA Approval for cobas MPX Test
- Vascular Solutions' (VASC) Fluent Inflation Device Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!