Misonix (MSON) Announces Retirement of CEO McManus
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Misonix, Inc. (Nasdaq: MSON) announced that, effective September 2, 2016, Michael A. McManus, Jr. is resigning as a Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Misonix and retiring as the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer.
Effective September 2, 2016, Stavros G. Vizirgianakis, a member of the Misonix Board of Directors, will serve, on an unpaid basis, as Misonix's interim Chief Executive Officer. Misonix and Mr. Vizirgianakis are in negotiations for him to accept employment as Misonix's full-time Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Vizirgianakis has served on the Misonix Board since May 2013. He holds a 5.7% ownership stake in Misonix. He has been involved with Misonix as early as September 2010 as the owner of a company acting as Misonix's South African distributor.
Mr. Vizirgianakis said, "I am honored to be asked to serve as interim Chief Executive Officer and am excited about the Company's products and future. The Misonix team will no doubt continue to put forth their best efforts to design, develop and manufacture cutting-edge technology for the medical device field."
Mr. McManus commented, "After 16 years as CEO, I retire with gratitude for the dedicated professionals who have contributed to the Company's innovation and growth, and with great confidence in the Company's future potential and the leadership of Stavros Vizirgianakis. I look forward to doing whatever I can to be helpful to him as he transitions to his new role."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCCI) CEO, Founder Chalhoub to Retire
- Kroger (KR) Chief Digital Officer Dougherty to Retire; Successor Named
- National Commerce (NCOM) Adds New Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!