Meta Financial Group (CASH) Appoints New COO
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Meta Financial Group, Inc.® (Nasdaq: CASH) and MetaBank announced that Cynthia M. “Cindy” Smith will be appointed Executive Vice President (“EVP”) and Chief Operating Officer effective September 9th. Ms. Smith who is currently EVP and Head of Technology and Operations at Meta will continue to be responsible for operations, product development, and technology and information management across Meta in this new role. "Cindy has been instrumental in Meta’s recent growth and we are fortunate to have her on our leadership team," said J. Tyler Haahr, Chairman and CEO.
Prior to joining Meta in 2015, Smith held several executive positions, most recently at Zions Bancorporation where she was EVP, Director of Client Contact Services and Channel Management. She also held the position of EVP, Director of BankCard Product and Services at Zions Bancorporation. Smith was also named in 2008 by American Banker as one of the "Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Banking." Smith started her payments career while at US Bank, pioneering Purchasing Cards in the corporate market.
Ira Frericks, who currently serves as EVP and Chief Operating Officer, and reported to Smith, has agreed to resign his employment effective September 9th to pursue other opportunities. Frericks joined Meta in 2008 as Chief Accounting Officer and over his long career has served in important roles in accounting, finance and operations for a number of financial institutions. “Ira served Meta with distinction for more than eight years, helping the company navigate through a period of tremendous growth and change and we thank him for his service” said J. Tyler Haahr, Chairman and CEO.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- MetLife (MET) Adds Former AIG CFO Herzog as Director
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!