Magellan Petroleum (MPET) CEO Wilson Resigns; Successor Appointed
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Magellan Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ: MPET) announced that Mr. Wilson tendered his resignation as the President and Chief Executive Officer ("CEO") and a director of the Company effective as of August 5, 2016, and the board of directors appointed Mr. Lafargue, the Company's current Chief Financial Officer, as President and CEO.
J. Robinson West, Chairman of the board, commented, "We want to thank Mr. Wilson for leading Magellan through a very challenging time in the industry and to the announced merger with Tellurian Investments Inc. ("Tellurian"). We are delighted that Mr. Lafargue will step up as President and CEO until the merger with Tellurian is consummated, as he has proven to be a very capable executive."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Appoints New CEO; Other Exec Changes Announced
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Names New COO, SVP
- Cerberus Capital Enters Agreement to Acquire Staples (SPLS) European Business
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!