Magellan Petroleum (MPET) CEO Wilson Resigns; Successor Appointed
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Magellan Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ: MPET) announced that Mr. Wilson tendered his resignation as the President and Chief Executive Officer ("CEO") and a director of the Company effective as of August 5, 2016, and the board of directors appointed Mr. Lafargue, the Company's current Chief Financial Officer, as President and CEO.
J. Robinson West, Chairman of the board, commented, "We want to thank Mr. Wilson for leading Magellan through a very challenging time in the industry and to the announced merger with Tellurian Investments Inc. ("Tellurian"). We are delighted that Mr. Lafargue will step up as President and CEO until the merger with Tellurian is consummated, as he has proven to be a very capable executive."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- XPO Logistics (XPO) Announces $558M Divestiture of American Truckload Operation to TransForce
- GasLog Partners (GLOP) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Enters Agreement to Acquire GasLog Seattle
- The First Of Long Island (FLIC) Announces Three-for-Two Common Stock Split
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!