MKS Instruments (MKSI) Appoints New COO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MKS Instruments, Inc. (Nasdaq: MKSI) announced the promotion of Dr. John T.C. Lee to the position of Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, effective November 1, 2016.
Dr. Lee has 25 years of experience in technology industries including semiconductor and solar as well as plasma processing research, at leading technology companies including Applied Materials, Lucent Technologies and AT&T Bell Labs. Dr. Lee joined MKS in 2007, and has served in leadership roles of increasing responsibility and impact within the company. Most recently, he directed the Company’s Vacuum and Analysis Division as Sr. Vice President of Business Units. He previously managed various MKS business units, including those relating to automation and control, integrated process solutions, pressure measurement and control, flow measurement and control, and valve solutions. Dr. Lee holds a B.S. from Princeton University and both an M.S.C.E.P. and Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, all in Chemical Engineering.
Dr. Lee will report to Gerald G. Colella, Chief Executive Officer and President. Mr. Colella said, “The role of Chief Operating Officer is critical for the company, especially as we continue to integrate the recent acquisition of Newport Corporation. I have worked closely with John during his nearly 10 years with MKS and know him to be an effective leader. I look forward to seeing his continuing contribution to the growth of the company.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Taro Pharma (TARO) Names New Interim CEO
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!