MGT Capital (MGT) Shares Pop Through Shorts on Terminated D-Vasive Agreement, McAfee CEO Appointment
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MGT Capital Investments (NYSE: MGT) shares are feeling the pressure today as the company announced a terminated asset purchase agreement with D-Vasive. The company also entered employment agreements to make John McAfee CEO.
Notably, MGT also recently announced that the NYSE denied a request to issue 43.8 million shares needed to complete the closing of the D-Vasive merger, so today's news might actually be more McAfee related.
Short interest on the stock was last recorded at about 2.93 million shares, or 13.9 percent of float, through the middle of last month.
Following a recent trading halt, MGT shares are up over 28 percent. For more on the news, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Acacia Communications (ACIA) Mentioned as Short in Lakewood Capital's Q3 Letter - Bloomberg
- RealPage (RP) to Acquire Axiometrics
- PVH Corp. (PVH) to Acquire Tommy Hilfiger Men's Tailored Clothing Business for NA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Momentum Movers, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!