MGT Capital (MGT) Shares Pop Through Shorts on Terminated D-Vasive Agreement, McAfee CEO Appointment
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MGT Capital Investments (NYSE: MGT) shares are feeling the pressure today as the company announced a terminated asset purchase agreement with D-Vasive. The company also entered employment agreements to make John McAfee CEO.
Notably, MGT also recently announced that the NYSE denied a request to issue 43.8 million shares needed to complete the closing of the D-Vasive merger, so today's news might actually be more McAfee related.
Short interest on the stock was last recorded at about 2.93 million shares, or 13.9 percent of float, through the middle of last month.
Following a recent trading halt, MGT shares are up over 28 percent. For more on the news, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- Peabody Energy (BTUUQ) Shares Active After Filing of Monthly Operating Report
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Looks to Add to Gains as Analysts Give Thumbs Up
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Momentum Movers, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!