Lion Biotechnologies (LBIO) Names New CFO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Lion Biotechnologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: LBIO) announced the appointment of Gregory T. Schiffman, MBA as Chief Financial Officer of the company, effective immediately.
"As we continue to build the management team into a fully integrated oncology organization, we are delighted to welcome Greg to the team," said Lion Biotechnologies President and CEO, Maria Fardis, Ph.D. "Greg has extensive experience in the cell-based therapy space having overseen finance, accounting and manufacturing functions in his previous positions."
Mr. Schiffman brings fifteen years of experience leading the financial operations and strategy of publicly-traded healthcare companies such as Dendreon, Affymetrix and Applied Biosystems. Most recently, he was Executive Vice President and CFO of StemCells, Inc, a cell-based therapeutics company where he oversaw all activities related to finance and accounting, information technology, and corporate communications. In his previous positions, in addition to his finance and accounting duties, he also was responsible for the implementation of commercial infrastructure processes and systems, supply chain logistics, procurement and manufacturing. Prior to StemCells, Mr. Schiffman was the Executive Vice President and CFO of Dendreon Corporation, a publicly traded biotechnology company engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapeutics cellular immunotherapy and small molecule products.
Before entering the healthcare industry, Mr. Schiffman held roles of increasing responsibility during his eleven year term with Hewlett Packard, including serving as controller of its European personal computer manufacturing and distribution operations in Grenoble, France, and as manufacturing manager and controller of its Netmetrix Division. Mr. Schiffman holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from De Paul University and an MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University. Mr. Schiffman also is a CPA in Illinois.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Rafael Lizardi as Next CFO; Current CFO, Kevin March, to Retire
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!