InnerWorkings (INWK) Names New CCO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
InnerWorkings, Inc. (Nasdaq: INWK) announced that Peter Thompson has joined the Company as Chief Commercial Officer. Peter will lead the global sales and marketing efforts for the company, and will focus on helping InnerWorkings achieve its growth objectives.
Mr. Thompson, who was formerly the Chief Executive Officer of Perkins Investment Management, brings a wealth of experience in leading high performing sales teams in a business-to-business growth environment. While at Perkins, he drove the firm’s asset growth from $8.9 to $22 billion and extended the client base across the United States, Asia and European institutional, retail and intermediary markets.
“Peter has a successful track record of collaborating with CEOs and management teams across the Fortune 500 to deliver against ambitious growth targets,” said Eric D. Belcher, Chief Executive Officer of InnerWorkings. “As we continue to develop our company’s high-end professional sales growth engine, the addition of Peter to our leadership team is a big step forward.”
Mr. Thompson also previously served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Chicago Asset Management Company, LLC (2007-2009) and Executive Vice President of Ariel Capital Management (1994-2006), where he oversaw Institutional Business Development and Client Service and was a central figure in helping Ariel’s asset base grow from $2 billion to more than $21 billion. Mr. Thompson currently serves on a variety of boards including the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Providence College, and the WGA/Evans Scholars Foundation.
Mr. Thompson commented, “I share Eric’s enthusiasm—and vision—for the future of InnerWorkings. The opportunities are very real, and very exciting. I’m looking forward to getting started.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!