Impax Laboratories (IPXL) Adds New Board Member
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Impax Laboratories, Inc. (NASDAQ: IPXL) announced that Richard A. Bierly was appointed to the Impax Board of Directors on August 19 and will also serve on the Board's Audit Committee. Mr. Bierly, 61, was most recently the Chief Financial Officer of Medivation, Inc.
"We are delighted to welcome Rick to the board as he brings more than 35 years of broad experience in finance and accounting across the pharmaceutical industry to our Board of Directors," said Robert L. Burr, Chairman of the Board of Impax Laboratories. "Rick's financial acumen, industry perspective and strategic insights will be valuable additions to our Board as the company works to deliver long-term stockholder value."
Prior to joining Medivation, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company in 2014, Mr. Bierly served as an Executive Director in Ernst & Young LLP's Financial Accounting Advisory Services practice for life sciences and other clients. Mr. Bierly spent more than a dozen years serving in several leadership roles at Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), including as Vice President, Global Finance Services. During his tenure at JNJ, Mr. Bierly also served as Vice President, Finance of Centocor, Inc., and as Vice President, Finance, of Ortho Biotech LP, both subsidiaries of JNJ. Before joining JNJ, he held various staff and leadership positions in finance and accounting at Aventis, SmithKline and Ernst & Young LLP.
Mr. Bierly currently serves as a director on the Board of Directors and as Chairman of the Audit Committee of Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc., a Nasdaq listed clinical stage pharmaceutical company.
Mr. Bierly received his B.A. degree from Pennsylvania State University and is a Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania (inactive) and New Jersey (inactive).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brixmor Property Group (BRX) Names New Board Member
- Acceleron (XLRN) and Celgene (CELG) Announce Updated Results from Phase 2 Studies of Luspatercept in Beta-Thalassemia
- Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) Presents Details of PRO Tool Used in GBT440 HOPE Study
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!