Gogo (GOGO) Appoints New COO
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Gogo (Nasdaq: GOGO) announced that it has promoted John Wade to the role of executive vice president and Chief Operating Officer of Gogo.
Wade has more than 30 years of experience in the aviation industry including numerous leadership positions in the avionics and in-flight communications industry. For the past eight years, he has served as the general manager of Gogo's business aviation division where he built the division into a market leader. Before joining Gogo, John served as the CTO at OnAir and also worked at Tenzing and GEC Marconi on their IFE and IFC products.
"Gogo has built its industry leadership on technology development and innovation, as we now work to deploy our new 2Ku technology on more than 1,200 aircraft over the next two years, it's going to be incredibly important for us to build a truly world-class global operation to match our technological leadership," said Michael Small, Gogo's president and CEO. "I believe John is the right person to lead these efforts."
Wade will now be responsible for Gogo's operations, quality control, commercial airline account management and commercial sales. He will still maintain oversight over Gogo's business aviation division, but Gogo veteran Sergio Aguirre is being promoted to serve as senior vice president and general manager of Gogo's business aviation division.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gogo (GOGO), Phasor Enter in-Flight Connectivity R&D Partnership
- Portola Pharma (PTLA) Announces Submission of NDA for Betrixaban for Extended Duration Prophylaxis of VTE
- Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Updates on Recent Additions to M300 Smart Glasses VIP Program