GT Advanced Technologies (GTATQ) CEO Keck Resigns; Successor Appointed
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
GT Advanced Technologies Inc. (OTC: GTATQ) announced that it has appointed Greg Knight as CEO, effective September 15, 2016. GT’s board of directors has accepted the resignation of the previous CEO, Dave Keck.
Knight, a member of the GT board, has extensive PV industry experience, with leadership positions at various companies, including GT, where he was the director of process engineering during GT’s rapid expansion in the PV industry between 2006 and 2010. Most recently, he was founder and CEO of Exawatt and PV Tech Group, two of the industry’s leading consulting firms specializing in providing strategic marketing and technology advisory services to companies in the PV industry. Knight studied chemistry at Cornell University and is a graduate of the US Navy’s Nuclear Power School.
“The solar industry is at an inflection point, where significant cost-down opportunities have reached their limits and the market needs technologies that deliver ever greater efficiency,” said Knight. “GT’s unique positioning in photovoltaics presents a number of exciting opportunities to work with our world-class roster of customers and partners to drive the necessary technical innovation in solar and to generate significant growth for the company,” Knight continued.
GT’s technology roadmap will include advanced technologies and processes for CZ ingot growth, advanced directional solidification platforms, as well as next-generation polysilicon and silane technologies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wireless Telecom (WTT) Names Michael Kandell as CFO
- Fitbit (FIT) Announces Acquisition of Certain Pebble Assets
- Vera Bradley (VRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Offers Light Q4 Outlook; Enters New Licensing Agreements
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!