GT Advanced Technologies (GTATQ) CEO Keck Resigns; Successor Appointed
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GT Advanced Technologies Inc. (OTC: GTATQ) announced that it has appointed Greg Knight as CEO, effective September 15, 2016. GT’s board of directors has accepted the resignation of the previous CEO, Dave Keck.
Knight, a member of the GT board, has extensive PV industry experience, with leadership positions at various companies, including GT, where he was the director of process engineering during GT’s rapid expansion in the PV industry between 2006 and 2010. Most recently, he was founder and CEO of Exawatt and PV Tech Group, two of the industry’s leading consulting firms specializing in providing strategic marketing and technology advisory services to companies in the PV industry. Knight studied chemistry at Cornell University and is a graduate of the US Navy’s Nuclear Power School.
“The solar industry is at an inflection point, where significant cost-down opportunities have reached their limits and the market needs technologies that deliver ever greater efficiency,” said Knight. “GT’s unique positioning in photovoltaics presents a number of exciting opportunities to work with our world-class roster of customers and partners to drive the necessary technical innovation in solar and to generate significant growth for the company,” Knight continued.
GT’s technology roadmap will include advanced technologies and processes for CZ ingot growth, advanced directional solidification platforms, as well as next-generation polysilicon and silane technologies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Federal Signal (FSS) Executive Chairman Dennis J. Martin to Retire
- Quidel Corp (QDEL) Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Solana Strep Complete Assay
- Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Updates on Recent Additions to M300 Smart Glasses VIP Program
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!