Ford Motor (F) Elects Former Goldman Sachs Exec as Director
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) announced the election of John S. Weinberg to the company’s board of directors. His appointment is effective Oct. 1.
Weinberg, 59, is a retired vice chairman of the Goldman Sachs Group. While at Goldman Sachs, he worked with Ford for more than 15 years, serving as a financial advisor.
“Having worked with him for many years, John is a trusted advisor with a deep understanding of Ford, our history and the future needs of our business,” said Executive Chairman Bill Ford. “With his expertise in finance, banking and the capital markets, John is a fantastic addition to our board who will help guide our expanding business model and our company forward.”
Weinberg will serve on the Ford Board of Directors’ Nominating and Governance, Sustainability and Innovation, and Finance Committees.
His career spans more than three decades at Goldman Sachs, most recently serving as vice chairman from June 2006 until October 2015. He spent the majority of his career in the banking division, most recently as a head of global investment banking and as an advisor to clients including Ford, General Electric and Boeing. He also led the Goldman Sachs team on the initial public offerings for Visa and Under Armour.
Weinberg is affiliated with several non-profit organizations and currently serves as a board member of New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Middlebury College. He also is an advisory committee member of The Steppingstone Foundation.
Weinberg received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Princeton University in 1979 and Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1983.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mercedes-Benz to launch pickup truck in 2017
- Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Updates on Recent Additions to M300 Smart Glasses VIP Program
- Second Sight (EYES) Implants Wireless Visual Cortical Stimulator in First Human Subject
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, AdCom
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!