Education Realty Trust (EDR) Adds Physicians Realty Trust's Thomas as Director
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
EdR (NYSE: EDR) announced the appointment of John T. Thomas to the Company's Board of Directors, effective immediately. Thomas will serve as an independent director of the company.
"John's business acumen, knowledge of REITs and legal matters will benefit EdR. He will be a valuable resource to our board and management team," said Randy Churchey, EdR's chief executive officer.
Thomas has been the president, chief executive officer and member of the board of trustees of Physicians Realty Trust (NYSE: DOC) since August 2013. DOC is an internally managed healthcare REIT with a focus on acquiring and managing medical office buildings and other healthcare facilities that has invested $2.4 billion in 222 properties across 30 states since its IPO in 2013.
Prior to that Thomas was executive vice president – medical facilities group for Health Care REIT Inc. from January 2009 to July 2012. Under his guidance, the total net investments of HCN's medical facilities group grew from $2.3 billion in assets to approximately $5 billion.
Thomas received his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School and his B.S. in Economics from Jacksonville State University, where he was a scholarship letterman on the football team and a member of the Academic All-Conference Team. Thomas graduated with Distinction and Special Honors in Economics.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- iRhythm Technologies (IRTC) Prices Larger Common Stock IPO at $17/Share, Above Expected Range
- iRhythm Technologies (IRTC) IPO Opens Up 57%
- Roche (RHHBY) Announces Receipt of FDA Approval for cobas MPX Test
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!