Edison Int'l (EIX) Adds New Director
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Edison International (NYSE: EIX) and Southern California Edison announced that Louis Hernandez, Jr. has been elected to the board of directors of each company, effective today.
“Louis offers a diverse perspective as an innovator and entrepreneur who has brought a variety of advanced technologies to market,” said Ted Craver, chairman and chief executive officer of Edison International. “With the changes taking place in the energy industry, we are confident that Edison International will benefit from Louis’ experience in e-commerce, workflow management and financial services.”
Hernandez, 49, is chairman, president and chief executive officer of Avid Technology, a provider of solutions used by media organizations and creative professionals to create award-winning feature films, television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, as well as a majority of today’s most celebrated music recordings and live concerts.
Prior to joining Avid in 2013, Hernandez was the chairman and chief executive officer of Open Solutions Inc., a technology provider to financial institutions worldwide. He is a proven growth-oriented executive who has founded, operated or invested in technology companies focused on Sports and Media, e-Commerce and Financial Services.
Hernandez founded A Little Hope Foundation, which advocates for children’s healthcare, education and emotional health. He also is the author of two books, Saving the American Dream—Main Street’s Last Stand and Too Small to Fail. Hernandez earned an MBA and a bachelor’s degree from San Diego State University.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- Nivalis Therapeutics (NVLS) Approves Corporate Restructuring; CEO to Step Down
- Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) Appoints Bill Brewer to Board of Trustees
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!