Edison Int'l (EIX) Adds New Director
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Edison International (NYSE: EIX) and Southern California Edison announced that Louis Hernandez, Jr. has been elected to the board of directors of each company, effective today.
“Louis offers a diverse perspective as an innovator and entrepreneur who has brought a variety of advanced technologies to market,” said Ted Craver, chairman and chief executive officer of Edison International. “With the changes taking place in the energy industry, we are confident that Edison International will benefit from Louis’ experience in e-commerce, workflow management and financial services.”
Hernandez, 49, is chairman, president and chief executive officer of Avid Technology, a provider of solutions used by media organizations and creative professionals to create award-winning feature films, television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, as well as a majority of today’s most celebrated music recordings and live concerts.
Prior to joining Avid in 2013, Hernandez was the chairman and chief executive officer of Open Solutions Inc., a technology provider to financial institutions worldwide. He is a proven growth-oriented executive who has founded, operated or invested in technology companies focused on Sports and Media, e-Commerce and Financial Services.
Hernandez founded A Little Hope Foundation, which advocates for children’s healthcare, education and emotional health. He also is the author of two books, Saving the American Dream—Main Street’s Last Stand and Too Small to Fail. Hernandez earned an MBA and a bachelor’s degree from San Diego State University.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Allstate (ALL), Mastercard (MA) Team on New Payment System
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!