Diebold, Inc. (DBD) Appoints Christopher Chapman as CFO
- Stocks Tank as QE Nears End, Major Fund Winds Down, and Ebola Fears
- Market Wrap: Private Employment Expands in Sept.; BofA CEO Becomes Chairman; U.S. Secret Service Director Resigns
- Bank of America (BAC) CEO Moynihan Elected as Chairman
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/01: (RLD) (DRL) (DTV) Higher; (WILN) (NLNK) (PLTA) Lower (more...)
- Investors Yank $23.5 Billion From PIMCO in 3 Days Amid Gross Exit
Diebold, Inc. (NYSE: DBD) announced that Christopher A. Chapman has been appointed senior vice president and chief financial officer (CFO), effective immediately. He is responsible for the company's global financial systems and related processes.
With nearly 20 years experience at Diebold, Chapman has served in various executive positions within the company's finance organization. Most recently, he served as vice president, global finance where he was responsible for financial oversight of Diebold's operations, including North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Brazil, supply chain, manufacturing and product development. Chapman has been the company's interim principal financial officer since November 2013.
"Over the past several months, as our global search for a new CFO progressed, it became obvious to me that Chris is the best person for the job. He has a strong and unique skill set, an in-depth knowledge of Diebold, makes data-driven decisions, has a global perspective and unwavering ethics," said Andy W. Mattes, Diebold president and chief executive officer. "Chris has demonstrated strong leadership skills over the past several months while serving in the interim CFO role. While we have a lot of work ahead of us, I am confident in his ability to continue to help lead Diebold toward a successful and sustainable transformation."
A native of Canton, Ohio, Chapman holds a bachelor's degree in finance and a master's degree in business administration with a concentration in international business from the University of Akron in Akron, Ohio.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI) CEO to Retire
- Murphy Oil (MUR) Declares $0.35 Quarterly Dividend; Updats on Operations; Announces Exec Changes
- Ford Motor (F) U.S. Light Vehicle Sales Fell 2.7% in Sept., Wider than Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!