DISH Network (DISH) Announces Retirement of CFO Olson
- Wall Street drops as investors brace for presidential debate
- Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- Rice Energy (RICE) Acquires Vantage Energy in $2.7B Deal; FY16 Outlook Updated
- Kite Pharma (KITE) Announces Positive Topline Data from KTE-C19 ZUMA-1 Study in Aggressive NHL
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/26: (KITE) (SNX) (ARRY) Higher; (SXL) (NAT) (RICE) Lower (more...)
DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that Robert Olson, DISH’s executive vice president and CFO, will retire from the company Oct. 15. Steve Swain, senior vice president of Programming, will succeed Olson as CFO, reporting to President and CEO Joseph P. Clayton.
“Robert is as capable and strategic a CFO as I have ever encountered in my 42 years in business,” said Clayton. “I congratulate Robert on the excellent service he has given DISH over the past five years and for the capable team he has built.”
“Steve has been a star since the day he arrived,” said Clayton. “He has a command of the entire Finance organization and, having had the chance to lead our Programming group, he is equipped to offer a sound strategic perspective to our entire business.”
About Steve Swain
Prior to his appointment as senior vice president of Programming, Swain served as vice president of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis for DISH. Prior to DISH, Swain spent more than 15 years working in the telecommunications sector, most recently at CenturyLink, formerly Qwest Communications. There he served in multiple leadership roles across Finance, including corporate financial planning and analysis, treasury, and investor relations, as well as in Network Engineering. He earned his bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the University of Wisconsin and his MBA from the University of Chicago.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ALLETE, Inc. (ALE) CFO Steve DeVinck to Retire
- Newcastle Investment (NCT) Appoints New CEO, COO, and CFO; Receives $110M Repayment on Real Estate Loan
- TechTarget (TTGT) CFO O’Reilly Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesQwest/CenturyTel Merger
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!