DISH Network (DISH) Announces Retirement of CFO Olson
- Market Wrap: Avago, Broadcom Make it Official; Pending Home Sales Ramp in April; JPMorgan Plans Major Job Cuts
- GameStop (GME) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c; Bumps Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/28: (HRTX) (STML) (GME) (BLOX) Higher; (DECK) (CLLS) Lower (more...)
- Splunk (SPLK) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Guides Q2 Revenue Ahead of Views
- JPMorgan (JPM) Plans to Layoff More than 5,000 by Next Year - WSJ
DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that Robert Olson, DISH’s executive vice president and CFO, will retire from the company Oct. 15. Steve Swain, senior vice president of Programming, will succeed Olson as CFO, reporting to President and CEO Joseph P. Clayton.
“Robert is as capable and strategic a CFO as I have ever encountered in my 42 years in business,” said Clayton. “I congratulate Robert on the excellent service he has given DISH over the past five years and for the capable team he has built.”
“Steve has been a star since the day he arrived,” said Clayton. “He has a command of the entire Finance organization and, having had the chance to lead our Programming group, he is equipped to offer a sound strategic perspective to our entire business.”
About Steve Swain
Prior to his appointment as senior vice president of Programming, Swain served as vice president of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis for DISH. Prior to DISH, Swain spent more than 15 years working in the telecommunications sector, most recently at CenturyLink, formerly Qwest Communications. There he served in multiple leadership roles across Finance, including corporate financial planning and analysis, treasury, and investor relations, as well as in Network Engineering. He earned his bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the University of Wisconsin and his MBA from the University of Chicago.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UniPixel (UNXL) Names Christine A. Russell as CFO
- Merck (MRK) Submits NDA for Grazoprevir/Elbasvir
- Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH) Affirms Security Breach via Malware Following Investigation; Offers Update
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesQwest/CenturyTel Merger
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!