Comerica (CMA) Adds Southwest Airlines' Van de Ven as Director
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Michael G. Van de Ven has been appointed to the Comerica Incorporated Board of Directors. Van de Ven is executive vice president and chief operating officer (COO) of Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Company (NYSE: LUV), the nation's largest airline based on domestic passengers boarded. Van de Ven will serve as a member of the board's Enterprise Risk Committee. The announcement was made by Ralph W. Babb Jr., chairman and chief executive officer.
"We welcome Mike to the Comerica team," said Babb. "He brings to our board a number of key skills, including relevant business management experience, a strong background in risk management, expertise in geographic markets in which Comerica has a presence, particularly our headquarters market, and a deep understanding of financial planning and accounting, among others."
Van de Ven, 54, joined Southwest Airlines in 1993 and has been an officer of Southwest since 2001. He has held various positions and responsibilities for the airline including financial planning and analysis, fleet planning, aircraft operations and schedule planning. He has served as executive vice president and chief operating officer since 2008.
Van de Ven was a senior audit manager for Ernst & Young LLP, prior to joining Southwest. He served nine years with them. He is a Certified Public Accountant and received a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Texas in 1984.
"With Mike's appointment to our board, we are bringing a fresh perspective, as well as the right mix of skills and expertise, in order to enhance Comerica's competitive position in the marketplace and deliver long-term value to our shareholders," added Babb.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Federal Signal (FSS) Executive Chairman Dennis J. Martin to Retire
- Veracyte (VCYT) Launches Envisia Genomic Classifier for IPF Patients
- Aerojet Rocketdyne (AJRD) Taps United Tech's Lundstrom as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!