Coca Cola (KO) Says Evan G. Greenberg to Resign from Board of Directors
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The Coca-Cola Company said today that Evan G. Greenberg, 61, has informed the Company that he will resign from the Company’s Board of Directors, effective Oct. 1, 2016. Greenberg said his decision was based on increased demands on his time resulting from an acquisition by his company earlier this year to create Chubb Limited, of which he is now the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Greenberg commented: “Due to increasing demands on my time following a major recent acquisition by my company, I have decided to resign from The Coca-Cola Company’s Board of Directors to devote my full attention to my expanded business commitments as Chairman and CEO of Chubb Limited. I have enjoyed the opportunity of serving on the board over the past few years and believe the Company has strong plans in place for the future. I have every confidence in the Company’s leadership and wish Muhtar Kent and James Quincey well as they build an exciting future for the Company and its many stakeholders.”
Muhtar Kent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Coca-Cola Company, said: “On behalf of everyone at Coca-Cola, I want to thank Evan for his leadership and service to our board. We have benefitted greatly from Evan’s deep experience and perspective, and we wish him every success as he dedicates his time to leading Chubb’s business into the future.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!