Citizens Financial Group (CFG) CFO Aboaf Resigns
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: CFG) announced that Chief Financial Officer Eric Aboaf is departing to become CFO of State Street Corporation. Aboaf has been CFO since April 2015, and will work through his notice period until Dec. 16, 2016. Former Citizens Financial Group CFO John Fawcett, who retired in April 2015 after the Citizens initial public offering, will come out of retirement and serve as interim CFO, subject to regulatory approval, post Aboaf’s departure until a successor has been found.
Chairman and CEO Bruce Van Saun commented, “I’d like to thank Eric for his contributions while at Citizens. He has developed into a very good CFO and has made important contributions in managing our balance sheet, driving efficiency initiatives and working with our businesses on their strategy. He has an opportunity at State Street to substantially increase his compensation and gain new experiences at a large, global custody bank and we wish him well.”
Van Saun continued, “I am deeply grateful that John Fawcett has agreed to come out of retirement and become CFO on an interim basis. This will ensure that we maintain the strong momentum we have towards our goal of becoming a top-performing regional bank. We will conduct a thorough external search for the permanent CFO, and I am confident in our ability to attract top quality.”
Citizens also affirms that it is having a strong quarter and currently expects to meet or exceed Bloomberg third quarter consensus estimates of $0.48 per share.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c
- CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP) Prices 4M Common Stock IPO at $14/Share, Below Prior Expectations
- Equity Bancshares (EQBK) Clears Final Regulatory Hurdle Needed to Close Community First Bancshares Merger; Moves to Acquire Prairie State Bancshares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesCiti, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!