Chiasma, Inc. (CHMA) Names Mark J. Fitzpatrick as CEO
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chiasma, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHMA), a biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of patients with rare and serious chronic diseases, today announced that Mark J. Fitzpatrick has been appointed President and Chief Executive Officer and a member of the company’s Board of Directors, effective October 1, 2016. Mr. Fitzpatrick currently serves as Chiasma’s Chief Financial Officer. He succeeds Mark Leuchtenberger, who has stepped down as Chief Executive Officer to pursue other opportunities. This action follows Chiasma’s announcement of corporate restructuring actions in June and August 2016, which were made after receiving a Complete Response Letter (CRL) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in April 2016 regarding the New Drug Application (NDA) for its lead product candidate, Mycapssa® (octreotide) capsules.
“We extend our sincere appreciation to Mark Leuchtenberger for his contributions to Chiasma these past 18 months,” said Dave Stack, Chairman of the Board of Chiasma. “Mark was instrumental in recruiting a premier sales organization and commercial infrastructure in anticipation of a potential commercial launch earlier this year. The Board appreciates these efforts and wishes Mark well as he begins his pursuit of new opportunities within the industry.”
Mr. Fitzpatrick joined Chiasma as its Chief Financial Officer in June 2015 and has over 25 years of experience in the biotechnology industry. He has held the senior-most financial leadership position and reported directly to the CEO of both public and private technology companies since 1991.
“I am excited by the opportunity to assume greater responsibilities at Chiasma and lead the company as we continue our mission to bring an oral treatment option to patients with acromegaly,” said Mr. Fitzpatrick.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PAR Technology (PAR) Taps Chobani's Menar as CFO
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Names New CFO, Other Executives
- Novartis (NVS) Announces New Data from Tasigna ENESTop TFR Study; Rates Seen Consistent in Ph+ CML Patients
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!