CTI BioPharma (CTIC) CEO Bianco to Retire
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
CTI BioPharma Corp. (Nasdaq: CTIC) announced that James A. Bianco, M.D, CTI BioPharma's President and Chief Executive Officer, has retired from the Company effective on October 2nd. At the request of the Board of Directors, Richard Love, a director of CTI BioPharma since 2007, has been appointed to serve as interim President and Chief Executive Officer.
"Since starting the Company 25 years ago, I believe we have made significant contributions to science and to the treatment of patients with blood-related cancers," said Dr. Bianco. "We identified, in-licensed or acquired 6 novel targeted agents, 3 of which received marketing approval. I am very proud of these accomplishments, including, TRISENOX® (arsenic trioxide) now the standard of care in treating patients with a rare form of leukemia; expanding the indication for ZEVALIN® (ibritumomab tiuxetan), the first approved radio-immunotherapy for patients with a chronic form of lymphoma; and PIXUVRI® (pixantrone), the first and only treatment approved for patients with relapsed aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma. With pacritinib at its current stage of development, this is the right time for me to retire and pursue other passions in my life. I have always been amazed at the dedication and passion of our employees and look forward to following the Company as it transitions through its next phase of development."
Phillip Nudelman, Ph.D., Chairman of the Board, said, "Jim has contributed in many ways since co-founding CTI BioPharma 25 years ago, and has a keen ability to identify underappreciated assets. We thank Jim and wish him great success in his future endeavors."
Dr. Nudelman added, "Richard Love has significant experience with CTI BioPharma as a member of the Board of Directors, and we are fortunate that he is available and willing to serve as interim CEO. His many years of biotech experience as a founder and CEO make him the ideal person to operate the company as we search for a new, seasoned CEO to take over the reins of CTI BioPharma."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PERSIST-2 Phase 3 Study Of Pacritinib Versus Best Available Therapy Shows Encouraging Clinical Activity In High-Risk Patients With Advanced Myelofibrosis In Late-Breaking Session At ASH Annual Meeting
- Adams Resources (AE) Appoints New CFO
- USANA (USNA) Names Jim Brown as President and COO; Walter Noot to Serve as CIO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!