CNB Financial (CCNE) Appoints New Board Chairman
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
On Tuesday, August 9, 2016, Peter F. Smith, a member of the CNB Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: CCNE) board of directors for 27 years, was unanimously elected Chairman of the Board, effective January 1, 2017, by fellow directors.
Dennis L. Merrey has been Chairman since 2007 and provided a two-year notice of his intention to step down as chair at the end of 2016. Mr. Merrey has been a director of the Corporation since 1991 and will remain on the Board of Directors.
"I would like to personally thank Denny for his years of service as Chairman of the Board," said Joseph B. Bower, Jr., CNB Bank President and CEO. "Under his leadership we have navigated through many environments, the recession, several expansion plans and doubling the corporation's assets. His experience will continue to be a positive presence in the boardroom." Mr. Bower continued by saying, "Peter's knowledge of banking and our culture will ensure that CNB stays committed to all of the communities that we serve, and I look forward to working with him."
Mr. Smith obtained his Bachelor of Arts from Williams College in 1976 and later graduated from the Dickinson School of Law in 1981. He joined his late father, William U. Smith, in the general practice of law in Clearfield after graduation and continues that practice today. Mr. Smith was appointed to the CNB Financial Corporation board of directors in 1989.
Mr. Smith is the sixth chairman of the corporation since its formation in 1984. John Leitzinger was the original chairperson followed by Ronald B. Strattan, L. E. Soult, Jr., William Owens and most recently Mr. Merrey.
Mr. Smith said, "On behalf of the shareholders, I thank Mr. Merrey for his outstanding leadership and service to CNB. I will dedicate myself to building upon his fine work and the work of those who preceded us. The board and management are committed to delivering superior banking service to our customers, and we are confident that will build value for our investors."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Announces Retirement of LPL Financial LLC CEO Cassidy
- CACI International (CACI) Receives $1.77B Task Order for JIDO Services
- Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) Says Review of Three-Year Follow-up Data from SCLERADEC I Trial Shows Sustained Benefit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!