Ascendis Pharma (ASND) Names New CFO
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ascendis Pharma A/S (Nasdaq: ASND) announced that it has appointed Scott T. Smith as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
"We are pleased to welcome Scott to the executive management team," commented Jan Mikkelsen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ascendis. "His demonstrated leadership and investment banking background will play an important role as Ascendis works to advance its pipeline and establish itself as a leader in the rare disease arena. We are particularly enthusiastic that he joins as we prepare to initiate Phase 3 development for our lead product candidate, TransCon Growth Hormone, and as we plan to build an integrated commercial business."
Mr. Smith stated, "I am thrilled to join Ascendis at this critical juncture. I am extremely impressed by the company's technology and deep pipeline, its focus on patient benefits, and the quality of the team. It is a privilege to join such an accomplished group of dedicated professionals."
Mr. Smith most recently served as Director of the Healthcare Investment Banking Group at Wedbush Securities, from 2012 to 2016, where he led the healthcare team and oversaw a substantial increase in revenue and transaction volume. From 2009 to 2012, Mr. Smith served as a Managing Director at Wedbush. Prior to joining Wedbush, Mr. Smith served as a Director in the Global Healthcare Investment Banking Group at Merrill Lynch where he began his career in 1995. He has also worked in sales, marketing and strategy roles for various companies, including start-ups and a Fortune Global 500 company. Mr. Smith received his MBA from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business and graduated magna cum laude with a BA in Economics/Accounting - Physics from Claremont McKenna College.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stonemor Partners (STON) Announces Resignation of CFO Sean McGrath
- First Internet Bancorp (INBK) Names Nicole Lorch as COO
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC) to Acquire First Texas BHC for $462M