Aquinox Pharma (AQXP) Appoints New Chief Medical Officer
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: AQXP) announced the appointment of Dr. Barbara Troupin, M.D. as Chief Medical Officer and Vice President, Clinical Development. Dr. Troupin will lead overall clinical and medical affairs strategies for Aquinox’s ongoing programs as well as future development and potential commercialization plans.
Over more than 18 years Dr. Troupin has led clinical development and strategy at multiple, leading clinical research institutions and within the therapeutic drug development sector. Dr. Troupin most recently served as Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer at Apricus Bioscience, Inc. where she led the development and execution of clinical strategy for three drug development programs ranging from proof-of-concept to NDA filing, including Vitaros for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Prior to Apricus, Dr. Troupin held the role of Vice President in Medical Affairs at VIVUS, Inc. where she led risk evaluation and mitigation strategy for Qsymia to treat weight loss, while also building relationships with thought leaders and key opinion leaders (KOLs). Dr. Troupin received her Doctorate in Medicine in 1995 from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine where she also completed her Master’s in Business Administration, with an emphasis in health care management, from the Wharton School of Business.
“Barbara brings a proven track record of building KOL and patient advocacy relationships, defending regulatory submissions, and overall success in clinical strategy,” said David Main, President & CEO of Aquinox. “Barbara joins at an ideal time for contributing medical and clinical leadership to our recently initiated Leadership 301 phase 3 clinical trial with AQX-1125 in Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain syndrome (IC/BPS) as well as for guiding our clinical expansion and supporting our potential partnering and commercial preparations.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Changes By-Laws to Require Separation of Chairman and CEO Roles
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!