Aegerion Pharma (AEGR) Names New CCO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: AEGR) announced the appointment of Remi A. Menes as chief commercial officer, effective immediately.
Mary Szela, Chief Executive Officer of Aegerion said, “Remi brings extensive pre-launch and launch expertise and a proven ability to develop and lead commercial efforts globally. Commercialization of rare disease therapies takes a targeted approach and requires strong patient focus. Remi’s broad experience implementing holistic, patient-centered programs that demonstrate the value proposition of therapies make him ideally suited to lead our commercial operations globally, including our sales, marketing and market access efforts. We look forward to his contributions as we continue to drive and evolve our global commercial operations, and particularly as we prepare to submit a marketing authorization application for MYALEPT® in the EU by year-end and, upon anticipated marketing approval, launch JUXTAPID® in Japan.”
Remi Menes most recently served as the General Manager of AbbVie Finland, where he was responsible for the Affiliate’s operations and P&L and its flagship product Humira. He also served as Board Member of Pharma Industry Finland. Before joining AbbVie Finland in 2013, Mr. Menes served as Area Commercial Director, Virology & Neonatal Care, Western Europe & Canada at AbbVie Europe. From 2008-2010, he was the Commercial Director, Specialty Products Division and a Member of the Affiliate Leadership Team at Abbott Canada. Between 1990 and 2008, Mr. Menes held a series of roles of increasing responsibility at Merck Frosst Canada Ltd., including Director, Sales & Marketing, in which he led the Canadian launch of SINGULAIR® for Allergic Rhinitis, and Product Manager for SINGULAIR and PROPECIA®/PROSCAR®. He holds an Executive M.B.A. and a B.Sc. in Organic Chemistry with a minor in Business Studies from Concordia University.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- CIT Group (CIT) Director Mnuchin Resigns
- San Juan Basin Royalty Trust (SJT) Says Shareholders Reject Southwest Bank's Takeover Proposals
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!