YRC Worldwide (YRCW) Unit Voluntarily Settles Racial Discrimination, Harassment Suits
- Market Wrap: GM Unloads Peugeot; lululemon Sags on Thin Outlook; Hilton is Open for Trading
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/12: (CNDO) (TXI) (ADBE) Higher; (APC) (RH) (XOMA) Lower (more...)
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
- Microsoft (MSFT) Said to Consider Qualcomm's Steve Mollenkopf for CEO
- Fidelity, Silicon Valley VCs Want You to Open Your Wallet to Bitcoin
YRC Freight, a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq: YRCW), announced today that it has voluntarily settled two class action lawsuits alleging racial discrimination and harassment at its Chicago Ridge, Illinois terminal, which closed in 2009. The related lawsuits were brought by a small group of former Chicago Ridge employees and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The allegations date back to 2005, and were vigorously disputed by the company. The settlements, which require court approval, do not constitute an admission of liability or wrongdoing by the company or any of its employees.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cliffs Natural (CLF), United Steelworkers Enter Six-Year Labor Pact
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Receives Subpoena From Inspector General of HHS
- Transcept Pharma (TSPT) Notes ISS Support Against Stockholder Group
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!