Xerox settles with large investor over spin-off
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
The logo of Xerox company is seen on a building in Minsk, Belarus, March 21, 2016. REUTERS/Vasily Fedosenko/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Xerox Corp (NYSE: XRX) said on Friday it had settled with one of its biggest shareholders who had sued earlier to block a plan for spinning off its document outsourcing business into a new publicly traded company.
Darwin Deason had sued Xerox earlier this month in a U.S. District Court in Dallas over the company's plan to divide its legacy copier and printer business from its business process outsourcing unit, which would become a new company called Conduent Inc.
Under the terms of the settlement, Deason will get 180,000 shares of Xerox's preferred stock and 120,000 preferred shares of Conduent. (http://bit.ly/2efhcjl)
Deason owns 6.1 percent of Xerox stock and is the company's largest individual investor and fourth-largest overall, according to Thomson Reuters data.
The Conduent business includes the operations of Dallas-based Affiliated Computer Services Inc, the company that Deason founded and that was acquired by Xerox for $6.4 billion in 2010.
Xerox announced the split in January and also said at the time that activist investor Carl Icahn would get three Conduent board seats after the spin-off. Icahn disclosed his stake last November.
(Reporting by Aishwarya Venugopal in Bengaluru; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Appoints New, Post-Separation CFO
- Conduent Plans Live Webcast of Investor Event
- Streamline Health Solutions (STRM) to Sell Looking Glass Patient Engagement Suite
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Reuters, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!