Westfield (WFD) and Chicopee Bancorp (CBNK) Receive Federal Reserve and OCC Approval for Merger
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Westfield Financial, Inc. (Nasdaq: WFD), the holding company for Westfield Bank and Chicopee Bancorp, Inc (NASDAQ: CBNK), the holding company for Chicopee Savings Bank, today jointly announced the Company’s receipt of final regulatory approval from the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Bank’s receipt of approval from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in connection with the previously announced merger transaction with Chicopee. Closing of the transaction remains subject to receipt of approvals from the Massachusetts Board of Bank Incorporation and the shareholders of Westfield and Chicopee.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lexmark (LXK) Gets CFIUS Approval for Apex Tech Deal
- New York REIT (NYRT) Issues Response to WW Investors; Says Fund Continuing to 'Mislead' Shareholders Regarding Facts
- US Foods (USFD) to Acquire Jeraci Foods; No Terms
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesFDIC, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!