Valeant Pharma (VRX) ex-CEO, ex.-CFO Said to Be Focus of Criminal Probe
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 31, 2016 3:32 PM EDT)
Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX) ex-CEO, Michael Pearson and ex.-CFO, Howard Schiller, are said to be focus of criminal probe, according to Bloomberg.
UPDATE - Authorities are looking into potential accounting fraud tied to the company's hidden Philidor Rx Services company.
Charges could be brought within weeks.
The probe could extend beyond just the two named executives.
The U.S. Department of Justice could settle with the company and take later action against the individuals.
Valeant said in a statement today:
We are in frequent contact and continue to cooperate [with U.S. authorities] ... We do not comment on rumors about investigations, and cannot comment on or speculate about the possible course of any ongoing investigation. Valeant takes these matters seriously and intends to uphold the highest standards of ethical conduct.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Talks to Sell Salix to Takeda for $10B Have Broken Down - DJ
- Valeant Announces The Initiation Of A Primary Care Sales Force For Xifaxan® And Relistor®
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 20%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!