Valeant Pharma (VRX) ex-CEO, ex.-CFO Said to Be Focus of Criminal Probe
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 31, 2016 3:32 PM EDT)
Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX) ex-CEO, Michael Pearson and ex.-CFO, Howard Schiller, are said to be focus of criminal probe, according to Bloomberg.
UPDATE - Authorities are looking into potential accounting fraud tied to the company's hidden Philidor Rx Services company.
Charges could be brought within weeks.
The probe could extend beyond just the two named executives.
The U.S. Department of Justice could settle with the company and take later action against the individuals.
Valeant said in a statement today:
We are in frequent contact and continue to cooperate [with U.S. authorities] ... We do not comment on rumors about investigations, and cannot comment on or speculate about the possible course of any ongoing investigation. Valeant takes these matters seriously and intends to uphold the highest standards of ethical conduct.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- Early Express Scripts (ESRX) Trade Wasn't Him, Citron's Left Tells CNBC
- Allergan (AGN) Receives Unfavorable PTAB Decision on RESTASIS-Related IPRs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!