Valeant Pharma (VRX) ex-CEO, ex.-CFO Said to Be Focus of Criminal Probe
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 31, 2016 3:32 PM EDT)
Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX) ex-CEO, Michael Pearson and ex.-CFO, Howard Schiller, are said to be focus of criminal probe, according to Bloomberg.
UPDATE - Authorities are looking into potential accounting fraud tied to the company's hidden Philidor Rx Services company.
Charges could be brought within weeks.
The probe could extend beyond just the two named executives.
The U.S. Department of Justice could settle with the company and take later action against the individuals.
Valeant said in a statement today:
We are in frequent contact and continue to cooperate [with U.S. authorities] ... We do not comment on rumors about investigations, and cannot comment on or speculate about the possible course of any ongoing investigation. Valeant takes these matters seriously and intends to uphold the highest standards of ethical conduct.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Sees 'Encouraging' Short-Term Set-Up in Valeant (VRX)
- Harley-Davidson (HOG) calls expiring today active as shares trade up 2%
- Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) volatility low into disclosed that the SEC has requested documents and other information
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!