UPDATE: Kroger (KR) Balks at Buying Stores from Walgreens (WBA)/Rite Aid (RAD) Deal - Reuters
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 19, 2016 11:27 AM EDT)
Kroger (NYSE: KR) is questioning whether to proceed with buying divested stores from Walgreens' (Nasdaq: WBA) acquisition of Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD), according to Reuters, citing people familiar with the matter. The report said the FTC told Kroger it would not have the option to close and integrate Rite Aid stores that are near Kroger locations.
The report follows a similar story earlier in the New York Post.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
- Depomed (DEPO) 'Clearly' on Purdue Pharma Radar - Bloomberg