UPDATE: Alaska Air (ALK), Virgin America (VA) Said to Pitch Merger to Top Antitrust Officials - Bloomberg
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 4:05 PM EDT)
Alaska Air (NYSE: ALK) and Virgin America (Nasdaq: VA) pleaded their case for a merger to top Justice Department officials last week, according to Bloomberg sources. This suggests negotiations are in their final stages on whether the government will allow the deal.
The airlines reportedly met with antitrust division chief Renata Hesse and other officials. The Bloomberg report went on to say that such top-level meetings usually signal that the antitrust division has worries about a merger.
The Justice Department has until Sept. 30th to act on the deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
- MediaNews Commences Previously Announced Partial Tender Offer for Monster (MWW) Common Stock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!