Savient Pharma (SVNT) Gets Favorable Decision Related to Tang Capital Litigation
- Market Wrap: GM's New Paradigm-Shifting CEO; Volcker Rule Passes Muster
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
Savient Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: SVNT) today announced that the Delaware Court of Chancery has issued a bench ruling granting both of Savient's motions in the lawsuit brought against the Company by Tang Capital Partners, LP and certain other holders of Savient's convertible notes. The Court of Chancery decided that the plaintiff noteholders do not have standing to bring an action to appoint a receiver for Savient and that an event of default has not occurred under Savient's convertible notes. The Court has not yet come to a conclusion on the plaintiff's claims for breach of fiduciary duty and waste. Savient continues to believe that all outstanding claims alleged by the plaintiffs are without merit, and intends to vigorously defend this lawsuit to its completion. The Court of Chancery's decision is subject to appeal by the plaintiffs. In addition, Savient's claim for damages against Tang Capital remains outstanding.
You May Also Be Interested In
- GM (GM) Names Mary Barra as Next CEO
- Zogenix (ZGNX) SUMAVEL sNDA Approved by U.S. FDA
- Nokia's (NOK) Tax Bill in India Could Balloon to $3.4B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation
Related EntitiesTang Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!