Jawbone Issues Statement on ITC Fitbit (FIT) Ruling
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jawbone issued the following statement on ITC ruling for 9/8/2016 related to Fitbit (NYSE: FIT):
The Commission did not find Fitbit’s patents valid. It just sent the case back for additional proceedings before the same Judge that previously found all three Fitbit patents invalid. We are confident the Judge will reach the same result again after he makes the additional findings requested by the Commission. We also believe the Judge will find Fitbit’s patents are not infringed by any Jawbone products and that Jawbone’s own patents predate the patents Fitbit is trying to assert.
In the meantime, Jawbone’s case against Fitbit for trade secret misappropriation proceeds in California state court and is headed to trial in 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) January calls active on takeover speculation
- Zoetis (ZTS) January calls active as shares near record high
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!