FuelCell (FCEL), Ballard (BLDP), Plug Power (PLUG) on Watch as Peer Files Bankruptcy
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 11/28: (OPRN) (VRNG) (VGGL) Higher; (EXXI) (GDP) (LPI) Lower
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Thanksgiving Online Sales Up 20.1%, ChannelAdvisor Says (AMZN) (EBAY)
According to market reports, California-based fuel cell manufacturer ClearEdge Power has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. In the filing, the company said it owes over $16.6 million to its 20 largest, unsecured creditors.
ClearEdge also said that none of the largest creditors come from Connecticut, though there are numerous companies, residences, and governments to which the company owes money.
On April 24th, ClearEdge abruptly shut its doors to employees. The company was hoping to land a major contract which was delayed, causing a major cash shortage in the process.
Fuel cell peers are flat-to-lower on Friday's session.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Best Buy (BBY) Website Unavailable; Update: Site Back Up
- UPDATE: There's Consensus Among Gulf Nations on Oil Output, Says Saudi Minister - Bloomberg (USO)
- Echo Therapeutics (ECTE) Interim CFO Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!