FuelCell (FCEL), Ballard (BLDP), Plug Power (PLUG) on Watch as Peer Files Bankruptcy
- S&P 500 reaches three-week high as health stocks rally
- SABMiller Rejects GBP 42.15/Share Offer From AB InBev SA (BUD)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Anticipates EUR 5.8B Goodwill Impairment in Q3
- Yum! Brands (YUM) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c; Cuts FY15 EPS Growth Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/07: (NVLS) (LL) (LBIO) Higher; (CSII) (DB) (EXFO) Lower (more...)
According to market reports, California-based fuel cell manufacturer ClearEdge Power has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. In the filing, the company said it owes over $16.6 million to its 20 largest, unsecured creditors.
ClearEdge also said that none of the largest creditors come from Connecticut, though there are numerous companies, residences, and governments to which the company owes money.
On April 24th, ClearEdge abruptly shut its doors to employees. The company was hoping to land a major contract which was delayed, causing a major cash shortage in the process.
Fuel cell peers are flat-to-lower on Friday's session.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Authentic Brands Might Move to Acquire American Apparel (APP)
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL) Completes Deal with DOE for Four Projects
- Sadek and Cooper Chosen as Top Philadelphia Bankruptcy Lawyers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!