FuelCell (FCEL), Ballard (BLDP), Plug Power (PLUG) on Watch as Peer Files Bankruptcy
- Fed to Remain Sitting on Their Hands in September - Goldman Sachs
- Emera to Acquire TECO Energy (TE) for $27.55/Share
- Wall Street caps off tough week with a steep loss
- Amazon Web Services (AMZN) Enters Agreement to Acquire Elemental Technologies
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Down Into iPhone Event for First Time Since Original Released - Analyst
According to market reports, California-based fuel cell manufacturer ClearEdge Power has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. In the filing, the company said it owes over $16.6 million to its 20 largest, unsecured creditors.
ClearEdge also said that none of the largest creditors come from Connecticut, though there are numerous companies, residences, and governments to which the company owes money.
On April 24th, ClearEdge abruptly shut its doors to employees. The company was hoping to land a major contract which was delayed, causing a major cash shortage in the process.
Fuel cell peers are flat-to-lower on Friday's session.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR) Issues Monthly Operating Report for July 2015
- Fitbit (FIT) Sues Jawbone for Patent Infringement
- Mobileye (MBLY) on Watch; Toyota (TM) Partners with Stanford, MIT to Advance Vehicle AI Technology
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!