Frontier Communications (FTR) Comments on FCC Fact Sheet Regarding Business Data Services
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
The following statement may be attributed to Frontier Communications (NYSE: FTR) President and CEO Dan McCarthy:
“Today the FCC released a Fact Sheet outlining the framework of a proposed Order regarding Business Data Services (BDS) regulation. The Fact Sheet provides clarification regarding proposed reductions in the TDM BDS rates charged by Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers to companies seeking access to their infrastructure and clarifies that Ethernet products and services will not be regulated. In addition, the Fact Sheet clarifies that the FCC does not propose to disrupt existing contracts.
“While the Fact Sheet indicates less severe rate reductions than proposed by Verizon/INCOMPAS, Frontier continues to oppose these rigid rate changes mandated for all carriers without regard to the resulting impact on smaller price-cap carriers. Frontier projects that these reductions, if implemented on July 1, 2017, would have a revenue impact of approximately $10 million in 2017 and $20 million in 2018 and 2019, with subsequent annual impacts declining.
“As we have previously stated to the FCC, we intend to mitigate the potential effect of all rate reductions with incremental reductions in our expenses.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- Paychex (PAYX) Names Thomas Bonadio to Board of Directors
- Rocky Brands (RCKY) CFO Resigns; Mike Staude Appointed Interim CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!