Frontier Communications (FTR) Comments on FCC Fact Sheet Regarding Business Data Services
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The following statement may be attributed to Frontier Communications (NYSE: FTR) President and CEO Dan McCarthy:
“Today the FCC released a Fact Sheet outlining the framework of a proposed Order regarding Business Data Services (BDS) regulation. The Fact Sheet provides clarification regarding proposed reductions in the TDM BDS rates charged by Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers to companies seeking access to their infrastructure and clarifies that Ethernet products and services will not be regulated. In addition, the Fact Sheet clarifies that the FCC does not propose to disrupt existing contracts.
“While the Fact Sheet indicates less severe rate reductions than proposed by Verizon/INCOMPAS, Frontier continues to oppose these rigid rate changes mandated for all carriers without regard to the resulting impact on smaller price-cap carriers. Frontier projects that these reductions, if implemented on July 1, 2017, would have a revenue impact of approximately $10 million in 2017 and $20 million in 2018 and 2019, with subsequent annual impacts declining.
“As we have previously stated to the FCC, we intend to mitigate the potential effect of all rate reductions with incremental reductions in our expenses.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Equity Bancshares (EQBK) Clears Final Regulatory Hurdle Needed to Close Community First Bancshares Merger; Moves to Acquire Prairie State Bancshares
- Eaton Vance (EV) to Acquire Ameritas Holding's Calvert Investment Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!