Exclusive: Wells Fargo account scandal extends to small business - U.S. senator
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Wells Fargo & Co's account scandal is not limited to its consumer banking sector, U.S. Senator David Vitter told the bank's chief executive in a letter.
Thousands of small business owners were also impacted by Wells Fargo's practices, wrote Vitter, a Republican from Louisiana, in a letter dated Sept. 29 to Wells Fargo chief executive John Stumpf and seen by Reuters.
Vitter demanded a "full accounting" of small business owners affected by "fraudulent activity." Around 10,000 small business accounts were affected by improper Wells practices, people familiar with the matter said.
(Reporting by Suzanne Barlyn; Editing by James Dalgleish)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Perrigo (PRGO) Sees Intra-Day Gains on Report It Hired a Banker
- TripAdvisor (TRIP) Shares Pop Higher Amid Chatter
- TripAdvisor (TRIP) Gains Said Tied to Takeover Rumors - Chatter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Reuters, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!