EU investigation into $130 billion Dow, DuPont deal resumes
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
The Dow logo is seen at the entrance to Dow Chemical headquarters in Midland, Michigan May 14, 2015. REUTERS/Rebecca Cook/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Dow Chemical (NYSE: DOW) and DuPont (NYSE: DD) have provided key data allowing European Union antitrust regulators to resume scrutiny of their $130 billion merger, the European Commission said on Wednesday.
The EU competition enforcer stopped its investigation last month after the companies failed to submit crucial information.
"We have received the missing information and the clock has been re-started. The new deadline for the Commission to take a decision is 28 February 2017," a Commission spokesman said in an email.
The Commission is worried the merger to create a giant in crop protection and seeds may reduce competition in these areas as well as certain petrochemicals.
(Reporting by Foo Yun Chee; Editing by Mark Potter)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- UPDATE: Linde to Resume Talks with Praxair (PX); Appoints Belloni as CEO
- Steel Partners Holdings (SPLP) to Acquire Remaining 36% Stake in Steel Excel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Reuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!