salesforce.com (CRM) Takeover Target Wish List Exposed in Colin Powell E-Mail Hack
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Past salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) takeover targets were exposed by a hacked Colin Powell e-mail from DCLeaks, the Wall Street Journal notes.
A presentation found in the salesforce Director and former Secretary of State e-mails titled 'M&A Target Review' showed that before the company was interested in Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) it had identified 14 possible targets.
Tableau was marked "In Play" on the list, along with other companies that have since been sold.
Several companies on the list that have since been sold included: Marketo, NetSuite, Qlik Technologies.
Veeva Systems (NYSE: VEEV) was also listed without any notes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- Obama Poised to Block Chinese Takeover of Aixtron SE (AIXG) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!