Wall Street Hubbub 9/13: A Higher Bid for ArcSight (ARST)?, Red Hat (RHT) Sees Action On Takeover Talk
- Wall St. logs biggest two-day gain since financial crisis
- Market Wrap: Revised Q2 GDP Outpaces; Icahn Gets Active on Freeport; Facebook Surpasses User Milestone
- Carl Icahn files 13D on Freeport-McMoran (FCX)
- Autodesk (ADSK) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Issues Light Q3 Outlook
- After Hours Stocks Movers 08/27: (FCX) (ATVI) (UAL) Higher; (VNEM) (BEBE) (ADSK) (more...)
Rumors breed on Wall Street. If you add in some M&A action - they flourish. Today a number of items kept traders rumor-chasing today.
- Temple-Inland Inc. (NYSE: TIN) was higher today on rumors a private equity firm was looking to acquire the company. TIN is up 3.6 percent today on the chatter.
- ArcSight (Nasdaq: ARST) agreed to be acquired today by HP for $43.50 per share, and immediately speculators bid the stock beyond that point on hopes of a higher bid. With a full auction of the company preformed before the sale news, so doubt if this will be the case.
- Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq: FIRE) +5.5% and Fortinet Inc. (Nasdaq: FTNT) +2.3% rose today on speculation they could be next after the ArcSight deal.
- Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) rose on renewed takeover speculation. Shares are up 4.4 percent.
- Other unsubstantiated takeover chattered surrounded Chico's Fas (NYSE: CHS), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE: STI), and Eastman Kodak (NYSE: EK).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Don't blame yuan devaluation for global market rout: China central bank official
- Peabody Energy (BTU) said to hire Lazard for debt restructuring - Bloomberg
- FTC Affirms Filing Complaint Against MLM Company Vemma Nutrition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWall Street Hubbub, Hewlett-Packard/ArcSight
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!