Wall Street Hubbub 9/13: A Higher Bid for ArcSight (ARST)?, Red Hat (RHT) Sees Action On Takeover Talk
- eBay (EBAY) to Spin PayPal into Separate, Publicly-Traded Company
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 9/30: (MOVE) (DLIA) (VIMC) (EBAY) Higher; (TA) (DWA) (SGEN) Lower (more...)
- Walgreens (WAG) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Comps Rose 5.4%
- News Corp (NWSA) to Acquire Move (MOVE) for $21/Share
- Cramer Says Cash Some GoPro (GPRO) Chips In
Rumors breed on Wall Street. If you add in some M&A action - they flourish. Today a number of items kept traders rumor-chasing today.
- Temple-Inland Inc. (NYSE: TIN) was higher today on rumors a private equity firm was looking to acquire the company. TIN is up 3.6 percent today on the chatter.
- ArcSight (Nasdaq: ARST) agreed to be acquired today by HP for $43.50 per share, and immediately speculators bid the stock beyond that point on hopes of a higher bid. With a full auction of the company preformed before the sale news, so doubt if this will be the case.
- Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq: FIRE) +5.5% and Fortinet Inc. (Nasdaq: FTNT) +2.3% rose today on speculation they could be next after the ArcSight deal.
- Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) rose on renewed takeover speculation. Shares are up 4.4 percent.
- Other unsubstantiated takeover chattered surrounded Chico's Fas (NYSE: CHS), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE: STI), and Eastman Kodak (NYSE: EK).
You May Also Be Interested In
- Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC) Exploring LBO - Bloomberg
- GoPro (GPRO) Said to Enter POV Footage Deal with NHL
- UPDATE: Iron Mountain (IRM) May Buy Recall Holdings - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWall Street Hubbub, Hewlett-Packard/ArcSight
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!