Wall Street Hubbub 9/13: A Higher Bid for ArcSight (ARST)?, Red Hat (RHT) Sees Action On Takeover Talk
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
Rumors breed on Wall Street. If you add in some M&A action - they flourish. Today a number of items kept traders rumor-chasing today.
- Temple-Inland Inc. (NYSE: TIN) was higher today on rumors a private equity firm was looking to acquire the company. TIN is up 3.6 percent today on the chatter.
- ArcSight (Nasdaq: ARST) agreed to be acquired today by HP for $43.50 per share, and immediately speculators bid the stock beyond that point on hopes of a higher bid. With a full auction of the company preformed before the sale news, so doubt if this will be the case.
- Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq: FIRE) +5.5% and Fortinet Inc. (Nasdaq: FTNT) +2.3% rose today on speculation they could be next after the ArcSight deal.
- Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) rose on renewed takeover speculation. Shares are up 4.4 percent.
- Other unsubstantiated takeover chattered surrounded Chico's Fas (NYSE: CHS), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE: STI), and Eastman Kodak (NYSE: EK).
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Palo Alto Networks (PANW)/ Juniper (JNPR) Patent Case Declared Mistrial
- UPDATE: Regeneron (REGN) Advised by FDA on PCSK9 Adverse Events
- Plug Power (PLUG) on Watch
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWall Street Hubbub, Hewlett-Packard/ArcSight
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!