Wall Street Hubbub 9/13: A Higher Bid for ArcSight (ARST)?, Red Hat (RHT) Sees Action On Takeover Talk
- AXIS Capital (AXS), PartnerRe (PRE) to Merge in $11 Billion Deal
- Top 10 News for 1/20 - 1/23: ECB Plans Stimulus Measures; Netflix Ramps on Results; Icahn, eBay to Forge New Path
- Box, Inc. (BOX) IPO Opens Up 44%
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- McDonald's (MCD) Posts Q4 adj.-EPS of $1.26; Comps Fell 0.9%
Rumors breed on Wall Street. If you add in some M&A action - they flourish. Today a number of items kept traders rumor-chasing today.
- Temple-Inland Inc. (NYSE: TIN) was higher today on rumors a private equity firm was looking to acquire the company. TIN is up 3.6 percent today on the chatter.
- ArcSight (Nasdaq: ARST) agreed to be acquired today by HP for $43.50 per share, and immediately speculators bid the stock beyond that point on hopes of a higher bid. With a full auction of the company preformed before the sale news, so doubt if this will be the case.
- Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq: FIRE) +5.5% and Fortinet Inc. (Nasdaq: FTNT) +2.3% rose today on speculation they could be next after the ArcSight deal.
- Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) rose on renewed takeover speculation. Shares are up 4.4 percent.
- Other unsubstantiated takeover chattered surrounded Chico's Fas (NYSE: CHS), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE: STI), and Eastman Kodak (NYSE: EK).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocwen Financial (OCN) Affiliate Said to Default on Debt (HLSS)
- UPDATE: Avon Products (AVP) Active; Said to Be in Talks with TPG - DealReporter
- Cal Dive (DVR) said to prepare bankruptcy filing within weeks - DJN
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWall Street Hubbub, Hewlett-Packard/ArcSight
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!