Valeant amends credit facility for second time in six months
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
A sign for the headquarters of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc is seen in Laval, Quebec June 14, 2016. REUTERS/Christinne Muschi/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (NYSE: VRX) (NYSE: VRX) said its lenders had approved an amendment to its credit facility, giving the drugmaker more flexibility to sell assets and repay loans by taking on other debt.
The embattled drugmaker, which is amending its credit agreement for the second time in six months, agreed to increase the interest on the facility by 0.50 percent, it said in a statement on Thursday.
The company's shares were up 5.3 percent at $31.58 in premarket trading.
Valeant, whose long-term debt stood at about $31 billion as of June 30, had asked lenders in March to amend its credit agreement to give it more time to file its financials.
Reuters reported last week that Valeant offered to pay lenders higher rates to win approval for an amendment.
The drugmaker has been working to restore investor trust after a year of bad news and said last week that it would sell billions of dollars of non-core assets and could accept offers for its main businesses.
Last fall, political concerns about Valeant's sharp drug price increases and investor scrutiny of its dealings with pharmacy Philidor RX sent Valeant's shares plunging.
Congress and several U.S. government agencies also opened investigations and the company restated earnings earlier this year.
(Reporting by Amrutha Gayathri in Bengaluru; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Phase 3 Results For Psoriasis Treatment IDP-118
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Reuters
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!