Valeant amends credit facility for second time in six months
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
A sign for the headquarters of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc is seen in Laval, Quebec June 14, 2016. REUTERS/Christinne Muschi/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (NYSE: VRX) (NYSE: VRX) said its lenders had approved an amendment to its credit facility, giving the drugmaker more flexibility to sell assets and repay loans by taking on other debt.
The embattled drugmaker, which is amending its credit agreement for the second time in six months, agreed to increase the interest on the facility by 0.50 percent, it said in a statement on Thursday.
The company's shares were up 5.3 percent at $31.58 in premarket trading.
Valeant, whose long-term debt stood at about $31 billion as of June 30, had asked lenders in March to amend its credit agreement to give it more time to file its financials.
Reuters reported last week that Valeant offered to pay lenders higher rates to win approval for an amendment.
The drugmaker has been working to restore investor trust after a year of bad news and said last week that it would sell billions of dollars of non-core assets and could accept offers for its main businesses.
Last fall, political concerns about Valeant's sharp drug price increases and investor scrutiny of its dealings with pharmacy Philidor RX sent Valeant's shares plunging.
Congress and several U.S. government agencies also opened investigations and the company restated earnings earlier this year.
(Reporting by Amrutha Gayathri in Bengaluru; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Bank of Commerce Holdings (BOCH) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.18
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 10/21: (EV) (BTI)/(RAI) (JCOM)/(EVDY) (PFPT)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Reuters
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!