UPDATE: US Foods (USFD) Said Planning Hundreds of Job Cuts Amid HQ Restructuring
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 21, 2016 8:41 AM EDT)
UPDATE - The cuts come as US Foods moves to restructure its headquarters in Chicago. The company employs about 25,000 people.
US Foods has been moving to reduce overhead ever since its proposed merger with Sysco was upended last year.
Cuts will come in corporate roles such as accounting, human relations, and IT.
NOTE: Yesterday, US Foods announced that it has agreed to acquire Save On Seafood.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WestRock (WRK) to Acquire Multi Packaging Solutions (MPSX) for $18 per share
- TerraForm Power (TERP) Enters Exclusivity Agreement with Brookfield Asset Management Regarding Possible Deal
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B