UPDATE: Cynk Technology (CYNK) Lunacy Should Be Ended by Regulators
- Market Wrap: SanDisk Slumps on Outlook; Initial Claims Fall; FCC Drops Neustar
- Google (GOOG) Agreed to Pay Incoming CFO Ruth Porat $70M by 2016
- After-Hours Stock Movers 03/26: (OXM) (OREX) (YHOO) Higher; (RH) (GME) Lower (more...)
- GameStop (GME) Misses Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY15 EPS Outlook
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Guides Q1, FY15
(Updated - July 10, 2014 2:56 PM EDT)
(Updated - July 10, 2014 12:05 PM EDT)
Traders have bubble talk on their mind as they watch the action in Cynk Technology Corp. (OTC: CYNK) - a penny stock with a market cap of nearly $6 billion. Shares are up 34.6% mid-day to $19.80 as traders watch the 'greater fool' game play out.
Unfortunately for traders it is nearly impossible to get a borrow on the stock to short it. Anyone buying the stock for more than a few minutes is a fool as a trading halt could be imminent.
StreetInsider.com has placed a call with FINRA about the stock. FINRA's media relations was unfamiliar with the situation but is now looking into the matter.
UPDATE: The SEC would not confirm or deny to StreetInsider.com that they are looking at CYNK.
UPDATE 2: While the SEC and FINRA would not confirm, sources inform StreetInsider.com that regulators are actively looking at CYNK. A trading halt could be imminent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- First Security Group (FSGI), Atlantic Capital Bancshares to Merge in $160M Deal
- Goldman Sachs Comments on Lumber Liquidators (LL) CPSC Testing
- Tesla's (TSLA) China Registrations Said Down 45% in Feb. Q/Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Momentum Movers, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!