Two Sectors Signal Clear Clinton Victory, One Hopeful for Trump
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Traders trying to get an edge on election results are watching a few notable stocks/sectors, and currently they are signaling a Hillary Clinton victory:
Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ: SWHC), Sturm, Ruger & Co (NYSE: RGR) +2.5% each - President Obama was called the gun maker's best salesman. A President Clinton would likely continue this trend with nervous gun owners worried their rights would be limited or taken away - ultimately driving gun sales.
HCA Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: HCA) +1.7%, Universal Health Services (NYSE: UHS) +3.1%, Tenet Healthcare (NYSE: THC) +2.9%. A Trump victory is seen as very negative for Hospitals, while a Clinton victory would be positive.
However, all is not lost though for Trump supporters. Some coal stocks are up today. A Trump victory would be extremely positive for coal producers, while a Clinton victory would be very negative. Cloud Peak Energy Inc. (NYSE: CLD) is up 2.3% today. However, CONSOL (NYSE: CNX) is flat. The sector ETF Market Vectors-Coal ETF (NYSE; KOL) is down 0.6%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Halted on LUDP Following 196% Surge
- Netflix (NFLX) calls swept up on renewed takeover chatter
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP), Sunoco Logistics Partners (SXL) Issue Statement on Dakota Access Pipeline Rejection
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Politics, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBarack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!