Twitter (TWTR) Lauded for First NFL Live Broadcast
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) shares are on watch following an arguably successful NFL broadcast on Thursday night.
Users were largely positive on the CBS broadcast of the game between the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets, with the event quickly becoming a tranding topic on the platform. Many tweets were also positive on the event.
For example, one Pittsburgh Steelers running back posted:
Took 5-seconds watching #TNF on [Twitter] to know this is the wave of the future. (@DeAngeloRB)
Other fans noted buffering issues (taking time for a video to load crisply) on the platform and that it lagged behind the TV broadcast.
Twitter users were able to view the broadcast on mobile devices, though it was also made avilable via the Twitter App on Apple Inc TV globally and on Microsoft Corp Xbox One and Amazon Inc Fire TV in select markets.
Shares of Twitter are indicated higher in early trading Friday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pacific Crest Resumes Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) at Sector Weight
- Actinium Announces Participation in Three Upcoming Hematology Events
- GrowGeneration Officially Opens its 11th Store in Las Vegas and is added to MJIC's Marijuana Index
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!