The Case of @Jack's Disappearing Followers (TWTR)
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated) After Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) CEO Jack Dorsey had his account temporarily suspended Tuesday amid an "internal mistake," market watchers note today that his follower count is creeping sharply lower again.
BTIG analyst, Walt Piecyk, noted that @Jack's twitter follower count is down to 1.5 million from 3.5 million this morning. At last check it was at 1.4 million. Yesterday, before the issues arose, he had 3.9 million followers.
I'm pretty sure @jack followers are declining again. 3.5 mil this am 1.5 mil 15 min ago.— Walt Piecyk (@WaltBTIG) November 23, 2016
The problems appear related to the company's recent moves to curb abuse.
UPDATE: Followers down to 179K at 6:25PM ET
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with call price movement; FCX TWTR
- Invisible Fence Brand Applauds Dealer Excellence with 2016 Awards
- Heifer International features gifts that give back for all those on your list