Tesla (TSLA)/SolarCity (SCTY) Deal Spread Lowest Since Late August
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
The merger arbitrage spread on Tesla's (NASDAQ: TSLA) pending takeover of SolarCity (NASDAQ: SCTY) continues to shrink and is at its lowest point since August 23rd, according to StreetInsider data. The move suggests investors see an increasing likelihood that shareholders will approve the merger.
Both companies set November 17 as the date shareholders will vote on the acquisition.
Currently the deal spread sits at 7.6%. It was as high as 31.7% on September 19th and as low as 1.8% on August 10th. The average closing spread is 12.8%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
- Iberia Capital Starts Earthstone Energy (ESTE) at Outperform
- Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Entered Confidentiality Agreement with Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Pertaining to BCEI's Chapter 11 Proceeding
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!